Welcome to From My Window Seat and thanks for stopping by. My name is Ragini Puri and I am the founder and owner of this travel website dedicated to chronicling my travel experiences from the road.
I am an India-based award-winning travel writer and blogger. I hold a post graduate degree in Mass Communication from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi.
Before taking travel writing and blogging full-time, I worked as a broadcast journalist with some of the premier news channels in the country. These days I spend all my time travelling and exploring the less explored parts of my beautiful country, India.
About From My Window Seat
From My Window Seat is an award-winning travel website devoted to chronicling authentic travel experiences and stories.
It started off as a little virtual corner to quickly jot down my travel observations online. Over the years, the blog has evolved into a full-fledged website, with travel stories, travelogues, photo features and a whole lot of add-ons and frills from my journeys.
From My Window Seat – Solo Travel
I am primarily a solo traveller and have been travelling solo across India for almost 10 years now.
From My Window Seat focuses on these core themes:
- Solo travel by an Indian female traveller and related experiences
- Slow, local level grassroots travel
- Focus on exploring the relatively lesser known heritage
- Exploring and connecting to cultures through local food and customs
- Traveling as a vegetarian
- Volunteering towards sustainable and green tourism
This is me posing inside one of the Mughal saraais in Punjab.
From My Window Seat Milestones
- 2017 – IBA Indian Bloggers Award for Best Blog from Punjab
- 2017 – Part of record-making Highest Blogger Meet at Khardung La, Ladakh
- TV Show – Drive with MTV Season 2
- And the most exhilarating of all – Becoming the first Indian Blogger to win a brand new car in a pan-India blogging campaign by Tata Motors.
That’s all I have for you on this page folks — hope you have a nice time here and enjoy my travel stories. 🙂
For work-related queries, you can connect with me at:
Email: [email protected]
Other places you can find me: